What does the Bible say about Faith Which Works entirely?
But what does the bible say about faith?Many people want to know what does the bible say about faith, but not only what does the bible say about faith but what the bible says about faith which works. We all need faith which produces results in our lives and not just faith. There are a lot of people struggling to make their faith work but they can’t because they are approaching the subject of faith from the wrong angle.
If you perceive things from the wrong angle you won’t be able to see things clearly and you will be unable obtain the desired results. It is like you want to go to Chicago and you take the flight to New York, It makes no sense because you will find yourself in the wrong place because you took the wrong flight. It is the same thing with faith, if you look at faith from the wrong perspective you will take the wrong flight and you might find yourself in worst situations or in a place where you never hoped to find yourself.
The importance of looking at faith at the correct or right angle it’s because it has made many lose their salvation, and even led to dead of those who were sick and believing God for their healing, and some even lost their jobs because of the wrong approach to faith. We are going define faith-based on the bible and explain what faith really is, we are also going to talk about what does the bible say about faith in general, what did Jesus say about faith, and what does the bible say about faith when it comes to healing.
What is the definition of faith based on the bible?
To better understand what does the bible say about faith,we are going to look at faith definition first based on the new king James versions of the bible. According to the book of Hebrews chapter 11 verse 1, it defines faith as Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
English Oxford living dictionary defines substances as the real physical matter of which a person or thing consists and which has a tangible, solid presence.
According to Cambridge dictionary hope means to want something to happen or to be true, and usually have a good reason to think that it might be true.
According to Vocabulary.com Dictionary, evidence is anything that can be used to prove something.
I decided to choose the words substance, hope and evidence as the key words in that phrase to explain what is meant by faith in Hebrews 11 verse one. That means faith is the substance of things(the real physical matter of which a person or thing consists and which has a tangible, solid presence.) hoped (to want something to happen or to be true, and usually have a good reason to think that it might be true.)for , the evidence( evidence is anything that can be used to prove something) of things not seen.
In summary faith is something of the now and not in the future, faith is bringing your hope in the present, faith means to have prove of something which you have not seen. Faith is that you have to believe that you already have the thing you desire before you receive it. You have to see what you believe, you hold the image in your spirit, you confess positively about the thing you are expecting, and you will see it manifest in the physical realm.
A famous man of God called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome , president of Believer’s Loveworld Incorporated, also known as Christ Embassy, gives us a good definition about faith which I love so much. He defines faith as the response of the human spirit to the word of God. This means that you need to respond to what the word of God says with your spirit. After responding to what the word of God says with your spirit you need to back up this response with action. Your faith response with your spirit needs to be backed up by your actions. I will get into detail with this in the next section.
What does the bible say about faith in general?
The bible says in the book of Hebrews 11:3, “through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which do appear”.
This means that faith in general should be first based on God’s word, that is to say what does the word of God say about that case or that situation which you want to overcome or achieve. From the verse above you can see that creation itself was made from the word of God. You need to operate with the kind of mind-set of God for your faith to work. And the verse further says that the things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible, this means that the things which we see were made of things which are not seen physically. In clearer terms, what the bible says about faith generally is that you use the word of God to call forth things from the spiritual realm to the physical realm. Things in the spiritual realm can be ideas, and things which you want to repair or bring in manifestation to the physical realm, but what you need to do is to use God’s word to bring forth those things into the real world.
Romans 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
From the above scripture faith has to do with those things which are not, and bringing them into existence. God is a faith God and He expects us to use our faith the right way to obtain the same results as He did. God called those things which were not in existence as though they were in existence, and this is how those things which were not in existence came into existence.
The verses below are a typical example of what does the bible say about faith,as we talk about Abraham and how he used his faith.
19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb:
20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
What does the Bible say about faith from the perspective of Abraham
In summary of the verse above, Abraham was a man of faith and these are the points which made Abraham a man of faith.
- Abraham had strong faith, because the verse above says Abraham was not weak in Faith.
- Abraham did not look at his body as dead. This means that his reproductive system was dead and unable to produce a seed, but he didn’t consider it. This means that you should not consider your physical situation or condition when applying faith to get what you want.
- Abraham did not consider the deadness of Sarah’s (barren and caught with menopause) womb her wife. Abraham did not consider the deadness of his body or that of his wife. Sarah, Abrahams wife was barren and she got to the age where she could no longer conceive a child. This obstacle did not stop or put an end to Abrahams strong faith. In summary, Abraham physical condition wasn’t an obstacle and the physical condition of her wife wasn’t an obstacle as well. When using your faith don’t consider the physical conditions or situations or challenges of the other parties or things, just as Abraham did.
- Abraham stood on the promises of God, the word which God gave Him(Genesis 17:5), and this promise was I will make you a father of many nations. He held on tight to this promise of God no matter the physical challenges and obstacles. There were things which could have made Abraham to have unbelief but he closed his eyes to all those things and opened his heart to the word of God, the promise which God gave him. Remember don’t mix your faith with unbelief, hold tight to the word of God.
- Abraham was strong in faith giving glory to God. This actually meant that Abraham knew he had the victory in his heart and that God cannot fail him, and that God will keep His promises. What Abraham did was thanking God, giving glory to God. He never did that Just once but he did that always. Giving glory to God was one of the ways through which Abraham dealt with the spirit of unbelief which was trying to get into him.
- Abraham knew that God was a promise keeper and a God who will never break His word or promises. This explains why Abraham never staggered or waiver on the promises of God. This is huge! Why worry if you know that God has done it already? Why worry if you trust in God? Abraham stood still and calm because he knew God is Faithful. This is the same mind-set we need to have, to stay calm and not to stagger when we are expecting the manifestation of the power of God over a certain situation in our lives. If we stagger we lose, if we don’t stagger we win.
- A righteous man is a man who has faith in God, a man who doesn’t stagger at the promises of God, A man who has strong faith. Because Abraham stood at the promises of God until it manifested, God considered him righteous. This is a higher level and the level which we need to operate in order to see the hand of God over situation. This kind of righteousness goes beyond the one which you receive When you accept Jesus Christ in your life, I am talking about the righteousness of God which you receive by faith through Jesus Christ.
What does the bible say about faith that works and never fails?
In order to know what the bible say about faith which produce results you need to know the concept of strong faith and weak faith. Based on the example of Abraham above. where the bible says Abraham was not weak in faith but had strong faith, we understood that faith that works is strong faith. Weak faith will not work, weak faith is a faith mixed with unbelief. Jesus Christ rebuked his disciples for having little faith. Read the verses below.
28 And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?
Matthew 8:26 26He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
Matthew 14:31 31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
Matthew 16:8 Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked, “You of little faith, why are you talking among yourselves about having no bread?
From the verses above you noticed in the book of Mathew instances were recorded where Jesus Christ rebuked the people of having little faith even his disciples. Little faith will not get the work done, you need strong faith which is not mixed with unbelief, faith which doesn’t stagger in the mist of storms or obstacles.
– In the book of Mathew chapter 6 verse 30 Jesus called those who worry about tomorrow to be people who have little faith. If you worry about tomorrow it means you have little faith.
– In Matthew 8:26 those who are afraid are known to have little faith. Jesus rebuked His disciples for having little faith because they were afraid of the storm. Because they were afraid of the storm they couldn’t calm down the storm. When you are afraid it will be difficult for you to overcome that situation in which you find yourself. Many people find themselves in storms but because they are afraid they can’t make that storm to calm down. Let’s learn from Jesus how to calm down storms or bad situations in which we might find ourselves. Storms or bad situations can happen to everybody, be it a believer or not, but the difference is that as a believer you are able by the power of God to overcome by your faith in God. Fear and faith cannot move together, fear will weaken your faith and empower the storm. The scriptures contain the word of faith, and the words of Jesus which are life and spirit, which means the spoken words of Jesus Christ which were written consist of the words of faith for us to use and run with it.
– In Matthew 14:31, Jesus associates doubt with little faith. When you begin to have doubts about anything it means you have little faith. Any agnostic person or a person having an agnostic mind-set can’t experience the power of God. This is because agnostic people are full of doubts and can’t make their faith work. The secret about this is that don’t struggle to have more faith but deal with your doubts or unbelief. According to a famous man of God called Andrew Womack in one of his teachings entitled you’ve already got it! (So quit trying to get it) he said “quit trying to get more faith instead deal with your unbelief“. You can obtain the book or tape of Andrew Womack to know more about faith in the bible .
This is a practical way how Jesus wants you to use your faith. Close your eyes and ears on the things which will cause you to have doubts and focus on the things which will maintain your faith. You need to grow from faith to faith, and not swaying from unbelief to faith and from faith to unbelief.
– In the book of Mathew 16:8 Jesus rebuked the disciples for complaining of not having bread. Complaining is a sign of having little faith. Jesus don’t like when people complain of not having but instead He wants people to put their faith to work. The book of James 2:17-18 reads below.
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Based on the bible verses about faith above, faith without works is dead. You can’t separate faith from works. You have put your faith to action. Your action is what makes your faith credible. Your faith and works must move towards the same direction. There should be an agreement between your faith and works. Act your faith. Your action is what determines your faith. Abraham believed God for a son and never considered the deadness of his body or that of Sarah’s womb but kept on giving glory to God. That’s an act of faith backed up with action. He was giving glory to God and didn’t complain because he knew God is faithful. Check-up bible verses about faithfulness, this includes the faithfulness of God and your faithfulness towards God.
In addition, 1John 5:4, says Whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. This shows the importance of faith in overcoming the things of the world. The world we live in has so many challenges and the book of first John makes it Claire that in order to live above the challenges which we face in this world we need to learn how to use our faith. Faith is a very powerful tool and the most dynamic weapon which we can use to change things and win. That is why it is very important for you to understand the principles of faith. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God. Meditating on the word of God daily helps build your faith and pave a way for victory.
What does the Bible say about faith with respect to the words of Jesus(what did Jesus say about faith)
what does the bible say about faith in relation to Jesus? In the previous paragraphs, we have covered most of the important things Jesus said about faith, and scriptures on believing but there is another scripture which I want to share in the book of Mark 11: 23-24 where Jesus talked about believing and receiving.
23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
In mark 11:22 Jesus told His disciples to Have faith in God, after Peter to be precise saw the fig tree withered which Jesus cursed the previous day. What Jesus actually meant to tell His disciples was that they should have the God kind of Faith. Jesus went further to explain how this God kind of faith which made the fig tree to wither works.
- Firstly, have a target and be specific. That’s why Jesus said you should speak (use your mouth to speak) to the mountain. This mountain can be anything including obstacles such as bareness, sickness, weakness and more.
- Secondly, command (use your mouth to speak and not your heart) the mountain to be removed, displace the obstacle from where it is. That is taking the problem off a particular place or person. For example, commanding cancer to be removed from your body and be cast elsewhere. The else could be sending the cancer to hell or send it back from where it came from or casting it to the sea as well. Better still you can still command the cancer to die in the name of Jesus.
- Thirdly, when that is said and done don’t doubt in your heart. What Jesus is telling us here is that doubts comes from the heart and not from the head. You doubt with your heart. So, don’t have any doubts or unbelief about the said mountain (cancer, bareness, sickness, and more) which you have commanded to the removed.
- Jesus goes further to emphasize that you should believe that those things which you said (importance of using your mouth to speak over your mountains) will come to pass, then they will come to pass.
- Finally, Jesus said if you believe you shall have whatever thing you say. Your words and heart should be in accordance for this mountain to be removed.
What does the bible say about faith in healing?
To understand what does the bible says about faith in healing, you also need to look up for prayer of faith scriptures which are attached to healing. Here we are going to look at some key important scriptures about faith in healing.
This is a general scripture about believing and receiving. If you need healing, when you pray what you should do is to believe that you have been healed, and you will be healed. This is faith secret for everything and when it comes to healing as well.
First Peter 2:24 says,
New International Version
“He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”
King James 2000 Bible
Who his own self bore our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes you were healed.
Above we have two different versions of the bible talking about the book of first Peter 2:24, New international version (NIV), and the king James version of the bible. I would prefer to use the king James version of the bible which says “by whose stripes you were healed“. This means that by the stripes of Jesus Christ we have been healed already. This means that we just need to use our faith and claim our healing(based on what does the bible say about faith). Reflect on the stripes on the body of Jesus which He received on His body for us and claim your healing. This is the scripture on healing which made me to walk in divine health for over 10 years today and I believe it will also work for you if you believed in it and combine all the teachings on this article on what does the bible say about faith. The scripture below also confirms the scripture about healing above in relation to what does the bible say about faith in relation to your health.
That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:
“He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses “.
Jesus Himself took our infirmities already and bore our sicknesses. What is left for us is to claim this by faith no matter the kind of sickness which we are afflicted with, because the name of Jesus and what He did on the cross is above any kind of sickness or disease.
Conclusively we went through key bible scriptures on faith to understand what does faith mean. We examined some bible verses about believing in God but emphasized on the end game of having faith which is strong and does not stagger. We never limited this article on What does the bible say about faith but went further to explain what does the bible say about faith which works, what did Jesus say about faith and what does the bible say about faith when it comes to healing. Read about the Zoe,the life of God in you , it will help to build up your faith as well.
Please Share your experience on the comment section below, your testimonies , on how you used your faith to get what you want, or how this article has helped you. Help build the faith of others as you share your testimony and promote the goodness of God, and by sharing this article.
Thank You and God bless you.